My kids absolutely love holiday crafts. And while I like looking at the cute things they make, I’d rather let them think of their own simple projects than plan one for them.
So when Lily (8) showed me a simple decoration she made, I was thrilled. Simple, free, easy… check, check, check. Perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- 2 Small Canning Jars (with lids if you want to prevent spillage)
- Food Coloring (in this case, red and pink)
- 2 Tea Light Candles
- Water (about 1 cup)
- Place desired amount of water into each canning jar
- Stir in a few drops of food coloring
- Place a small candle in the water
- Screw on lids
NOTE: If you don’t have canning jars, other small containers, such as tea cups or tiny bowls, would also work.
BONUS: You can make these in any color for any holiday (red and green for Christmas, yellow and pink for Easter, light green and dark green for St. Patrick’s Day…)
When you want a different look, just change out the water and add new food coloring. I think these may become a permanent centerpiece at our kitchen table!