We make snowman soup for friends every year and it is a huge hit with any age! We like to put these at each place setting at holiday meals or use them as party favors during any autumn or winter gathering.
Prep Time: Once supplies are gathered, about one minute per bag.
Yields: As many bags as you want to put together!
- Hot chocolate mix
- 1 or 2 boxes of peppermint candy canes
- 1 bag of Hershey’s kisses
- 1 bag of miniature marshmallows
- Sandwich size zip-top baggies
- Tape or stapler with staples
- Scissors (preferably fancy, but regular are okay too)
- Snowman soup poem (Free printable here!)
- Place 1/4 cup hot chocolate mix into a sandwich size zip-top bag
- Add about three hershey’s kisses (still in wrappers)
- Include around a dozen miniature marshmallows
- Place a candy cane on top (still in wrapper)
- Seal bag
- Staple or tape snowman soup poem to top of bag
Making the snowman soup:
Follow the instructions on the poem. Basically, you’ll just put a cup of hot milk into a mug (water will do in a pinch) and add all of the ingredients that are in the bag. The candy cane can be used to stir the “soup” and adds a delicious minty flavor, which is perfect for those of you who enjoy mint chocolate! People who don’t like mint chocolate can just stir with a spoon instead.
Below is a free printable of the poem we use! Just click the image below to open it as a PDF.
UPDATE: United Kingdom Version
You May Also Like:
- 10 Simple Ways to Beat Cabin Fever With Your Kids
- How to Tame Gift Clutter in 15 Minutes or Less
- How to Make Sure this Season’s Gifts Don’t Become Next Season’s Cutter