It’s official. I’m submitting my own mess to my Get-Organized challenge. And remember how just yesterday I promised really embarrassing before photos of my messy house? Well here’s the first one!
I took those before photos this morning and posted them on Facebook, then the girls and I got to work. After a busy afternoon of decluttering, we’re not quite finished in the schoolroom but we did make significant progress!
Here are the details:
- Project: The School/Toy Room
- Length of time: About 4 hours
- Progress: Tidied the room, cleaned out the closet, and decluttered two bookshelves.
- Work Remaining: Need to declutter 3 desks, 3 bookshelves, and 1 dollhouse. Also need to sort through the items next to the school room door.
Total Items Purged (see top right photo in collage above):
- 4 trash bags full of items for donation.
- 1 trash bag full of trash.
- 1 box filled with items to relocate to other areas of the house.
My plan of tidying the main level and catching up on laundry didn’t exactly happen today. But I am pretty thrilled with the progress we made in the schoolroom this afternoon!
What’s first on your list of things to declutter for 2015? If you’re a blogger, feel free to link to your own organizational post in the comments – let’s cheer each other on!